The Space Coast may not have fall foliage and brisk temperatures to usher in the fall season, but what we do have are unique events and experiences the whole family will love. When you visit the Space Coast this Halloween season, be sure to include these activities in your schedule.
Boo at the Zoo
- October 9 – 11, 16 – 18, 23 – 25
- Brevard Zoo, 8225 N. Wickham Road, Melbourne
- Friday and Saturday 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Sunday 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Taking place at the Brevard Zoo, this Halloween event on the Space Coast is a favorite among the locals. Children will have a boo-tacular time dressing up and exploring the different themed areas at the zoo, which include crafts, trick-or-treating, entertainment, a costume contest, and much more. $8 – $14. Please call (321) 254-9453 or check out org for more information.
Haunted Airboat Ride and Trail
- October 9 – 10, 16 – 17, 23 – 24, 30
- Camp Holly, 6901 W. Highway 192, West Melbourne
- 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Discover what’s lurking in the swamp with a haunted airboat ride along the St. John’s River. Unique to the Space Coast, this Haunted Airboat Ride and Trail at Camp Holly takes about 25 minutes to complete. Children of all ages are welcome to attend, and typically, parents are more scared than the kids! For your safety, Camp Holly asks that you do not wear heels, flip-flops, or sandals. $12 adults; $6 children 3-12; 2 years and under free with paying adult. Please call (321) 723-2179 or visit net for more information.
Run for Their Lives Zombie Run
- October 30
- Cocoa Riverfront Park, 4 Harrison Street, Cocoa
- 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- The Run for Their Lives Zombie Run is not your average 5K. During the Zombie Run, participants will be given three flags to protect while they run through a unique racecourse. Throughout the course, zombies will chase and steal flags, and the only way to survive is to arrive safely at the safe zones. After the run is over, both participants and spectators can partake in the Zombie After Party along Harrison Street. Children are welcome to race, but baby joggers/strollers are not allowed. $30-$35. Please visit com for more information.
- October 31
- Satellite Beach Dog Park, 750 Jamaica Blvd., Satellite Beach
- 10 a.m.
- Who says humans are the only ones who get to have fun this Halloween? Dress your furry friend up and bring them out to the Satellite Beach Halloween Howl at the Satellite Beach Dog Park. Enter your pet in the costume contest for their chance to win prizes, and the first 100 dogs registered will be given a Halloween Howl bandana and goodie bag. All dogs must be current with rabies shots and county tags. $20 in advance, $25 day of event. You can find more information here: com/Race/FL/SatelliteBeach/HalloweenHowl