Every first friday of the month the Eau Gallie Arts District (EGAD) hosts an evening Art Walk. And every month the Art Walk offers something different.
During the month of September, EGAD has chosen to really stir things up with “Experience EGAD” on Friday, September 7, 2012!
Attendees of the Art Walk will have the opportunity to get their hands dirty with area artists, dancers and musicians for hands-on creative fun at several different stations located in and around Eau Gallie Square from the hours of 5:30-8:30 pm.
As usual shops, restaurants and galleries will be open with extended hours, but the following creative activities are planned as well:
- Grab a brush and add some acrylic color to a “get well” painting being created onsite to send to Melbourne artist Frits Van Eeden in Holland. Have your photo shot with a message to Frits.
- Help create mosaic inserts for eight flat benches, under the supervision of artist Betsy Heath.
- Join the open mic or bring an instrument and jam with Sygnal Sounds, the R&B, jazz and classic rock band performing in the bandstand.
- Get messy while trying your hand at sculpting pottery with instructors from the Indian River Potters Guild.
- Touch and feel 2,000+ year old artifacts and hear more about the archeological digs by Tom Funk at Funk’s Antiquary.
- Pick heirloom seeds, explore various scents and get a spiritual reading at Nature’s Spirit Aromatherapy.
- Enjoy the banter of master designer Link Johnsten of Eau Gallie Florist as he assembles a distinctive floral arrangement.
- Joint the outdoor “Paint Party” and paint along with artist Mike McCloskey.
- Watch Space Coast Doll Artists mold hands and faces and enjoy their finished pieces on display at Art & Antiques Studio.
- Become part of the art by casting your shadow into the digital designs projected on the wall at the EGAD Art Lab.
- Try out a handmade flute at the Spiral Flutes booth.
- Celebrate the beauty of our state by enjoying the 100% Pure Florida exhibit opening at Fifth Avenue Gallery.
- Get moving with yoga or bellydancing at Yoga Inc.
- Help a child with an art project at the Art 4 Kidz booth, or decorate a cookie at Sweetie Pies.
- Look through the 4×5 large format camera and learn more about it from photographer Joe Vedovati.
- Talk to exhibiting artists in the square and watch them create new works.
- Interact with artist instructors offering classes at Ralph’s Art Supply.
- Sway with jazz music and examine the Cuban art exhibit at the Foosaner Museum.
First Friday Art Walk is a monthly production of Eau Gallie Arts District Main Street, a nonprofit dedicated to promoting the arts, culture and economic revitalization of the area. For more information, visit their website at www.eaugalliearts.com.