Earlier this year, the City of Cocoa looked for ways to provide family entertainment at a reasonable price for its residents during what is usually a costly holiday season. There solution? A winter wonderland replete with holiday movies in the park, snowdays, holiday boat parade and even the area’s first outdoor ice-skating rink. General admission is $7. And if you don’t have your own pair of skates rental is $3.
Covered by a tent, the outdoor ice rink is the centerpiece of this six-week event sponsored by the city and council members are hoping it will attract over 18,000 people.
- Friday, November 21, 2008 Ribbon Cutting Ceremony – 6pm, Riverfront Park
Sunday, November 23, 2008 Military Day – $7 per person including skate rental for any age with Military ID.
- Free skating Lessons scheduled for Thursday evenings
- Movie Nights – 11/22/08, 12/13/08, 12/31/08
- Make your own Smores Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights in the Smores pit
- Visits from Santa Claus
- Snow nights, 11/21/2008 and 12/20/2008 – Come out and play in the snow!
- Annual Christmas Tree Lighting and Space Coast Boat Parade, 11/22/08 5-9:30p
- Cocoa’s Family New Year’s Celebration, 12/31/08 5-9:30pm
- Non Profit Nights: November 24th – Keep Brevard Beautiful; December 1st – American Cancer Society; December 8th – Community Based Care of Brevard; December 15th – PREVENT of Brevard; December 22nd – Cancer Care Foundation of Brevard; December 29th – St. Marks Episcopal Academy
- Friday Night Teen Nights – 7-10pm every Friday Night with Celebrations DJs!
For more information on this event and otherson Florida’s Space Coast visit www.space-coast.com