Lately, alot of people have taken an interest in going green by only consuming products and using services that are safe to the environment. Considering this blog is about life and other happenings on Florida’s Space Coast , I thought it would be a good idea to provide environmental tips for hotel guests, especially since I give out information on discounted hotel rates on a montly basis and I live here and don’t want others to mess up where I lay my head.
Of course many of you all know about reusing your towels during your stay, but there are other things that can one can do to help conserve natural resources, reduce waste, and minimize pollution, while even on vacation!
Here are some tips to help Florida’s environment while you are a guest in a hotel:
- Report noisy, leaky faucets and toilets
- Turn off the TV when you leave the room (I know it sounds strange, but I’ve seen this ignored)
- Turn up or cut off the AC/Heater when leaving the room
- Take short showers
- Fill sink basin to shave
- Participate in the linens and towels re-use program
- Close window drapes when leaving the room
- Turn off the lights when leaving the room
- Ask your hotel where to recycle newspaper, cans, or bottles if you can’t find a recepticle take it with you
- Leave unused amenities in the rooms for the next guest
- Provide feedback to the hotel about their environmental efforts!
Certified Green Lodges on Florida’s Space Coast…